Keeping You Safe
Thank you to everyone who completed our recent survey. We had a great response and this really does help us to ensure that all safety protocols we adopt within the salon are in line with what you, our clients would like to see.
Our Survey found that over 99% of our clients are happy to continue wearing a face covering during their appointment (with over 50% advising us they would opt to continue wearing one regardless of salon protocols). In addition 40% of clients would feel more comfortable if your stylist wore a mask and 58% would not mind either way. We also received lots of feedback with regards to our screens, magazines, gowns, tableware.
As you’ll be aware, the government is proceeding with it’s planned relaxation of restrictions on the 19th July in England Only (with both Wales and Scotland continuing with mandatory mask wearing). This is despite the fact that Covid cases are rising fast and over 1200 scientists, including SAGE, have warned the government that its decision is ‘unethical’.
Collections Hair Club has endured the hardest 16 months in its history and the safety of our guests and team is paramount. Sadly, we are already suffering the impact of the rising cases in our area, with some clients unable to attend appointments due to isolating as well as members of our own team having to be away from the salon for extended periods as a result of coming into contact with positive cases. As a small business, this is hitting us very hard and we have ZERO government help.
With all of the above in mind, we feel that it would be wrong of us to remove many of the protocols we have in place to keep everyone safe. We also feel that at this current stage, it would be unfair to have different protocols based on vaccination status.
Below are some key things to be aware of if visiting Collections Hair Club from the 19th July:
- We will require everyone who enters our premises to continue to wear a face covering. Our team will also continue wearing a face covering during your appointment. (If you have a health or disability reason for being unable to wear a face covering, please speak to our front of house team before making an appointment to allow us to accommodate)
- We will continue to space our guests throughout the salon and screens will remain between sections and at our hair spa areas.
- The Perspex screen at the reception desk will be removed to aid client communication.
- There will no longer be a requirement to have your temperature checked when entering the salon, however we would like to remind you to cancel your appointment if feeling unwell.
- Guests will be permitted to remove face coverings, whilst sat at a section if not with a stylist. E.g whilst your colour is processing. Note this would need to be put back on if moving around the salon.
- From next month, you will also start to see a phased re-introduction of some of your much-missed items, including new gowns, magazines and porcelain cups.
These are not decisions we have taken lightly. We do feel that it is important that we share with you, our clients how and why we have come to them. We also understand and respect that you have the freedom to choose what salon you visit and we thank those of you that will continue to support Collections Hair Club.
We will continue to closely monitor the situation and provide any updates when necessary.
We look forward to seeing you soon.
Ross, Marcello and the team